home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, December 30, 2011

It's not a Resolution, it's a Promise!


Whew! We're heading back to Austin today and our CHRISTmas celebrations are officially over. We're blessed to have lots of family to celebrate with, but when you throw everyone  into the mix, that's a lot of celebrating, my friends. My stomach's begging to stop being fed! Oh to have such problems, right?

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions. Not sure why, guess it's just my personality. This year I decided to make a promise to myself instead. I said to myself, "Dana, you'd be a much happier person if you knew how to use power tools!" Then I answered, "You're right! Why don't you learn that soon, real soon?!" Hence, how the promise was made. 

This is the picture that inspired it all. I love these walls! 

So, my plan is to take a few DIY classes from my husband and maybe even attend a few Home Depot workshops. It's definitely time to become more self-sufficient in the world of wood-working.

Pretty sure upon fulfilling my promise, I'll then have to join/start a Geometrics Anonymous group. My entire house is starting to look very graphic! Do you think the DSM IV has a diagnosis of GA? ha! Boy, when I get over this trend, I'm going to need an entire house overhaul. Certainly hope my taste doesn't change too soon!

Have you made any promises to yourself for 2012? Anyone going to join in with my power tool promise?

If you share my love for geometric shapes and need a little help bringing this look into your own home, contact me!

4 comments:

Carly {a simple affair} said...

Such an amazing promise! Love it! I will eventually be joining you but first I need to tackle my resolution to learn how to sew. Then maybe I can go from there...

Cannot wait to hear about what you learn!!

Happy New Year!

xoxo

pam {simple details} said...

Oh no! mr. simple may think I could use the lawn mower! :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Abby M. Interiors said...

Dana- that's a great resolution! I'm always frustrated when I want something done and have to wait on someone else. Can't wait to see what you create! Abby

Unknown said...

شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى المجمعة
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى المزاحمية
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الدمام
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الخبر
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الظهران
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الاحساء

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips